Airí began her career working as a communication strategist for different global brands like Seat, Bayer and Amplifon at JWT and Lola MullenLowe. In 2017, she was part of the team of ‘Casa Nostra, Casa Nostra’, a massive communication campaign in favour of the Refugees Rights in order to promote mass mobilisation and social awareness in the Catalonia region of Spain.
She holds a Master’s degree in Brand Strategy and a Degree in Advertising and Public Relations from Universitat Pompeu Fabra de Barcelona.
‘Designing dementia-friendly communities’
This workshop invites you to reflect upon the question: How might we improve the daily life of people living in the city with dementia? We begin with a short empathy practice to understand what it feels like to live with different stages of dementia. We will share as inspiration a selection of the latest best practices around the world in the design of dementia-friendly environments. You will then have a chance to briefly explore a local neighbourhood and work with a tool for spotting opportunities for care in the community; for example:
- How might local service touch points act as appropriate support points?
- How might transport infrastructure be adapted to care?
- How might neighbourhood stakeholders engage in caring for people with dementia – e.g. families, children, neighbours, visitors?
Who may benefit from this masterclass?
- Anyone wanting to enhance the well-being of urban communities
- Anyone keen to apply design and innovation capabilities to improve the experience of care for people
- Anyone curious about the topic of dementia care
- Anyone keen to try out some new tools to Design for Care in a real world setting
- To understand the key challenges and opportunities in designing urban environments for people with dementia
- Mentally zoom in and out from big picture to detail and back again
- Use low-fi blueprinting as a way to ‘sketch’ and discuss services
- To gain hands-on practical experience in the city using specific design for care tools that enable you to see the world through the lense of care
- To connect with like-minded people passionate to apply human-centred design methods to transform the care experience