The Barcelona Design Summit, organised by the Barcelona Design Centre (BCD), is an unmissable event between the business and design sectors, an opportunity to share knowledge, discover trends and be inspired by experts from different fields and professions such as Dr Leyla Acaroglu, U.N Champion of the Earth, Designer, Sociologist, Sustainability Provocateur, Changemaker; Prof. Carlo Ratti, Director of the SENSEABLE CITY LAB at MIT; Carla Cammilla Hjort, Co-founder and Director of SPACE 10; David Karpathakis Thalén, Head of Product Development of Better Shelter; Pia Belton, Partner a Edenspiekermann; Inge Keizer, Managing director of Edenspiekermann Barcelona; Jorge Márquez – Head of Experience Design at Everis, and Sameera Chukkapalli, Founder of NEEDLAB.
In line with the topic of Barcelona Design Week 2018, “Revaluate“, and with our vision that design can contribute to creating a better world, we have chosen the United Nations’ Objectives for Sustainable Development from the 2030 Agenda as the main topics for debate and reflection: On the one hand, promoting responsible consumption and production, and on the other constructing more inclusive, safer, more resilient and more sustainable cities and communities.
Over two conference days that will take place on the 6 and 7 June, the event will raise different questions about how we should develop the current model of production and consumption, how we must consume in the present to achieve a sustainable future and the collective effect of our individual actions. Speakers of recognised international prestige will share their success stories and inspiring visions of how design can create more sustainable companies, connect with communities and improve people’s quality of life.
The Barcelona Design Summit will also include the ‘Design Led Systems Change & Sustainability’ workshop, a session aimed at everything you would want to learn to critically assess the way in which changes occur at both a micro and macro level and exploring new approaches to integrating sustainable criteria in professional decision-making.
The conferences will take place in the Disseny Hub Barcelona Auditorium. The workshop will take place in the foyer space.
Wednesday 6 June
Talks: from 15.00 to 19.30 h
- Dr Leyla Acaroglu, U.N Champion of the Earth, Designer, Sociologist, Sustainability Provocateur, Changemaker
- Prof. Carlo Ratti, Managing director of SENSEABLE CITY LAB at MIT
- David Karpathakis Thalén, Head of Product Development of Better Shelter
- Sameera Chukkapalli, founder of NEEDLAB.* Cocktail-networking: from 18.00 to 19.30 h at the exhibition “BASICS: a walk to question ourselves”.
Thursday 7 June
‘Workshop Design Led Systems Change & Sustainability’: from 10.00 to 13.30 h
Talks: from 15.00 to 18.00 h
- Carla Cammilla Hjort, cofounder and managing director of SPACE 10
- Pia Belton, partner at Edenspiekermann
- Inge Keizer, managing director at Edenspiekermann Barcelona
- Jorge Márquez, manager of Experience Design en Everis
- Talks 6 June: 30 €
- Talks 7 June: 30 €
- Workshop 7 June: 40 €