EcoDesign Day: debate, conferences, workshops and awards
Companies, users, public institutions and society in general are increasingly more aware of the need to reconsider the way resources are managed and how they are transformed into products and services, and especially what to do with them once their useful service life has transpired.
This new mentality poses various questions around sustainability to which answers will be needed in the coming years, such as the scarcity of materials, energy use and consumption habits.
In this context, BCN Design Week 2011 is dedicating a day to ecological design with the aim to exchange knowledge and highlight the benefits to the socio-economic fabric of advancing in the application of sustainability criteria in products, processes, environments and services. To address the many related questions in this area, EcoDesign Day includes the following activities:
• EcoDesign Talks
- Master conference: “Beyond sustainability”
Speakers: Mike Pitts and Ignasi Cubiñà.
- Round table: “Design and environment, inseparable concepts”
Attendees: Guillermo Arquer, Petz Scholtus, Pere Pous and Pilar Chiva.
- Eco-networks: expert tables about ecological publishing, ecological building, lighting, furniture, urban solutions, packaging and institutional directives about ecological design.sobre ecodisseny.
• Mater Lab Workshop: “Active materials and passive systems".
• Award ceremony for Design for recycling 2011