BCD launched the manifesto Barcelona Design against the crisis
On the 14th October BCD Barcelona Design Centre launched the manifesto “Barcelona Design against the crisis” within the celebration of the BCN Design Week fifth anniversary. This initiative aims to stress the importance of the Barcelona Design brand for the city’s socioeconomic system, as well as underlining the necessity of its promotion at all levels in order to add value to the attributes contained in the products and services made in Barcelona.
Manifesto "Barcelona Design against the crisis"
1. The Barcelona Brand is a decisive asset for attaining international position and attracting talent and investment.
2. Design is one of the main values that make up the Barcelona Brand and vice-versa
3. Barcelona is a city that lives design and possesses the ideal conditions for creating, designing and innovating within a framework that offers quality of life, resources, and mobility, technology, experience and networks.
4. Design made in Barcelona is renowned for its characteristic style that has made possible the creation of its own hallmark: “Barcelona Design”.
5. Concepts such as Thought in Barcelona, or Designed in Barcelona constitute a guarantee of quality, innovation and creativity, strengthening the brand “Barcelona Design”
6. Investing in product and service design as well as in processes guaranteed by such prestigious hallmark as “Barcelona Design”, is one of the best tools to increase competitiveness and favour export.
7. The key elements for attracting new talent and investment are initiatives such as the global consolidation and expansion of Barcelona as a centre for international excellence in design and innovation, together with events and projects that may favour this objective.
8. The wide network of design professionals and companies offered in Barcelona demonstrates and guaranties a sufficient enough capacity and experience to respond to the new economic challenges, as well as to the new needs presented by companies, institutions and society as a whole.
9. Supply for design education in Barcelona -schools and universities- attracts students from all parts of the world. Such an asset must be fostered in order to generate and attract as much talent as possible
10. Political and economic institutions must support the private sector efforts with a new legal framework that promotes social and business design investment in an efficient way.
BCD Barcelona Desing Centre
Barcelona, 21 October 2010
Wishing to support the manifesto?